A challenge to your beliefs

 

You as a contemporary teacher?

To what extent is it reasonable to conclude that if you are not experiencing positive or negative emotions about the materials and activities in any learning experience, that you are potentially disinterested or not motivated? Discuss in relation to your first emotional response to the nature of this unit.

 I am currently finding it hard in understanding some of the content being taught in digital pedagogies . I understand the concept of pedagogies; what they are and how they are used, but lack the knowledge and understanding of digital technology.

Elaborate on your emotions on engaging further with this unit? Positive, negative. Indifferent?

As much as I am nervous in undertaking digital pedagogies, I am excited to learn something completely different that I can embed into my future professional identity.

To what extent do you have the commitment to actively interrogate your emotions, and your beliefs about creative pedagogy (that extends beyond the mere delivery of information to your learners)? How might you be challenged to engage as you enter this unit?

I will challenge my current knowledge of digital pedagogies by engaging in the unit content to the best of my ability. Knowingly that engaging in this unit will add to my teaching pedagogy and teachers indenting by improving my practices.

Identify your present values and beliefs about ICT in the classroom. Keep it brief and focused.

I believe that the integration of ICT's within the classroom are a positive change for education in a whole school approach but, also believe that there are some negative factors that tag along with the use of ICT's in the classroom when it comes to students who are not at the same level as their other peers.

Your approach to teaching and learning

My current approach on teaching and learning would see me use effective strategies that focus on understanding the students and how they learn. Also embedding activates that engage students in collaborative learning while teaching content that is real and real life focused.

Identify any challenges to your current values and beliefs as you enter this unit?

The only challenges that I believe I have of the unit content is embedding the digital into pedagogies 

What experience do you have with ICT in the classroom?

Unfortunately, I do not have any current experience of ICT within the classroom context at this current stage, but would love to learn from my peers and unit coordinator through content of this unit.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 4 - Digital Media

Web Spaces-Digital Pedagogies

Week 5 Presenting Learning in the 21st Century